Have you ever noticed that every single lesbian has at least 1 dog, but more often than not, we find ourselves with a houseful of animals? I wonder ... are we crazy cat ladies? Are we trying to save the world with our love? Do we just have an overwhelming need to nurture? Even the butchiest of the butch fall victim to "isn't that cutest kitten in the world?" Yes, I said Butch and Kitten in the same sentence, as the most masculine woman I know is currently posting snapshots of her new kittens on facebook and probably twitter too!
It seems that most of the birkenstock wearing lesbians that I know are very active in animal rights, saving the world, and going green! I say this because my facebook wall is filled with ads to save this kitten or this puppy! To put an end to animal cruelty and to Ban Kill shelters!
As I'm sitting here reading my facebook wall this morning (or afternoon for most of you) it revealed that heterosexual women (at least the one's on my facebook) .... don't. I wonder... is there something else on their mind? Do the men in their lives suck up all of the compassion and nurturing they have? (It's just a thought), or is the thought of feeding, bathing and walking one more living thing to overwhelming for them? Is their lives more demanding of their time? or do they simply have better things to worry about?
Even I, and I don't consider myself an animal activist, have two 4 legged babies that I pour much of my love, compassion and life into. This is Brie, he's an Australian Shepperd that I rescued from the shelter 7 years ago, he has brought much love into life and I wouldn't know what to do without him. He's saved me from myself on more than one occasion and is a blessing in every aspect of the world. He teaches me to laugh at myself and to trust my instincts.
This is Bailey Sue, she's a miniature Schnauzer, who is our newest member of the family. We saved and I do mean saved this little monster from a breeder who was overwhelmed. She's teaching us how to grow, to forgive, and love unconditionally and most importantly to have lots and lots and lots of patience!!
This is just an observation I've made and ladies I really want your opinion so please feel free to comment.

Who on earth is the most masculine woman you know that is posting pictures of baby kittens?
ReplyDeleteWell,actually my co-workers and I made the same observation not too long ago. I am fostering two mama cats and their kittens. A lady(who is a lesbian) has spayed both of the females for me. (and btw it is a long and tangled story,which plan on writing about it on FB and livejournal) I have been spaying the kittens with my own money when I give them away. Further stop the over reproduction of kittens! There is a very cheap but awesome spaying place in my town. (Spaynation) I brought home Everset the BEST cat ever! He was a stray that I felt so sorry for. All of his siblings had found homes but not him,b/c he is a tabby. Ollie is from my mother's litter. And Lymle is from the litter we are fostering. Lymle became very attached to Everset so we are keeping her. My boyfriend has the biggest heart when it comes to animals. I love them too. Together we are wonderful. :)
ReplyDelete